as a phrase
just this category
Subscribe to newsletter
Get listed our directory
Pharmaceutical Research Centers
Dead Sea Factories
Assess and Treat an Infected Tooth in the Wilderness.
A tooth infection can be quite painful. You can do a few basic things to control a tooth infection in the Wilderness before it becomes serious.
1. Look for swelling of the gums or cheeks as an early sign of infection. Some discoloration may be present as well
2. Rinse the mouth three or four times daily with a mixture of 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 liter warm water.
3. Apply cold packs to the cheek to minimize the pain.
4. Administer oral antibiotics immediately if evacuation is delayed. Before leaving for your trip, consult your physician for antibiotics used for tooth infections
5. Evacuate immediately to a dentist or physician.
If possible, get a dental exam before you leave for a long trip.
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment.
Copyright © 2000-2020 JoHealth. All rights reserved